> Tragedy strikes

Willro&co Photography

Willro&co Photography
Custom Portrait photography

want to improve your photos??

clickin' Moms

Tuesday 4 September 2007

Tragedy strikes

The coffee machine is broken. Those who know us, know how devestating this is.

For some time, Bill has been insisting that I follow up on the extended warranty that we purchased with the machine. (Darn it when the males are right). The steam nozzle continues to create a geyser even when not required...something about a valve Bill tells me... It was firing particularly hard this morning & that extra shove I gave it was all that was required to snap the knob off. Darn. Darn, darn, darn. Now what to do?

The 'extended warranty' lady, although pleasant, informed that today's sequence of events had pushed the issue from a 'faulty valve' into a 'wear and tear' issue, and unfortunately she could no longer help me. I could feel myself getting shaky from lack of caffeine...or anger...darn.

Now yesterday we were having a conversation on SOF about keeping our peace when little annoyances drop into our day. OK. Deep breath. Ring the local Sunbeam dude. Now he was a very nice man. We had a lovely chat...but unfortunately my coffee maker was one of the models that Sunbeam do not let them service. He wasn't sure why - he considered himself an excellent repairman. Maybe I could ring Sunbeam? Keeping that peace...

OK. Worst comes to worse I will get another job to pay for a new coffee machine. I know that sounds drastic...but I was very caffeine deprived by this stage. A quick prayer asking for help to keep my temper and that somehow this would all work out OK, I rang Sunbeam. The lady didn't sound very excited by my dilemma. THEN she cut me off. OK Lord...I get it...I NEED practice at this peace thing. I'll ring redial. Somehow I end up in accounts. Thanks anyway.

So while I sat there contemplating my lack of coffee but finding solace in the fact that I at least hadn't yelled at anyone, the phone rings. A sunbeam representative has called me back. He understands my grief. He is not impressed with the extended warranty person. He used to have family holidays as a child at Callala Beach. He remembers it fondly. He understands that I cannot do without a coffee machine and HE will organise for a courier to pick it up, take it to Sunbeam to be fixed, then send it back within 3 weeks. Is that OK? I love him.

Now doesn't God answer prayer in funny ways!




Just a bit of fun for the day. I decided not to do any work (alas, no pay will be the consequence of that...but I don't have to buy that new coffee machine now ;) and scrap for the day. Would you believe this took all day? Well - in between coffee dramas.

4 comments:

Beverley 4 September 2007 at 6:14 pm  

Good on you for keeping your cool. Fantastic layout and you did all that with no coffee?

Gayle 4 September 2007 at 7:19 pm  

I love that LO!! Very nice! Might be a good time to get over your addiction to cofee Ro.

Cass 5 September 2007 at 1:32 pm  

Definitely sounds like you were being taught patience! Hope the coffee is worth the drama! :)

Karen L 5 September 2007 at 7:18 pm  

love your layout too Ro - love your story about the coffee machine - you did well to keep your peace but pleased it has all worked out well for you and it won't be long until coffee is on the boil in your household again.

want help with your photography?

www.ClickinMoms.com

About Willro&co Designs

Based at Jervis bay on the NSW South Coast. I work as a physiotherapist, but also produce fine art photography and digital resources for photographers and scrappers. Please feel free to browse around my Divine Digital shop to see my digiscrap designs, or email me at rjfield@bigpond.net.au if you are interested in photography services.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP